cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Composing Documents from the Scheduler Service

Michael_Butt1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I recently realized that none of my automated tasks using the "Compose Document" action are not working when executed from the Unity Scheduler service. I ensured I am using the "Automated Document Generation". I have tried both synchronous and asynchronous. 

Upon searching I found TSKB-000001499 : OnBase: "Current user has insufficient privileges for template" error when composing a Document Composition template via Unity Scheduler service

Does this actually mean I will not be able to execute this task at all using a Timer from the Scheduler Service?  Is there another workaround? 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Peter_Lopez
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Michael, If upgrading to EP5 is not an option at this time, the other workaround will be to revert the timer to a Legacy Workflow Timer that can be run by the Legacy Workflow Timer Service. The legacy service will allow a specific account to be assigned to execute the timer instead of a service account.

View answer in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Peter_Lopez
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Michael, If upgrading to EP5 is not an option at this time, the other workaround will be to revert the timer to a Legacy Workflow Timer that can be run by the Legacy Workflow Timer Service. The legacy service will allow a specific account to be assigned to execute the timer instead of a service account.

I updated the TSKB since it seems to have changed, but since we aren't able to update versions at this time, so that seems to mean we don't have the functionality to automate doc comp templates. 

As a temporary workaround, I wrote an external program that composes documents using the API.