cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the .IMG be TIFF, or is PDF the only alternative?

Marcus_Christia
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Situation is this.

Customer has Image Statements that are a combination of statements and checks.  In some cases for business customers the file can get 100-500 pages deep.  All of the Client Applications can retrieve and view them correctly as .IMG files.

However, trying to do Send To --> File and selecting PDF causes some larger files to simply not export.  Dialog shows, no file ever gets exported.  Exporting to TIFF works perfectly fine.  Same behavior when attempting to retrieve via API - times out when doing a PDF conversion, works fine retrieving Native.

Taking that same document, exporting it as TIFF (single TIFF multipage), then importing into the same document type allows both the Client Application and the API to retrieve and create a PDF without an issue.  So I'm thinking for whatever reason, the .IMG is causing the problem when the page count or file size exceeds a certain amount. 

I see where you can render as PDF but if you're using Doc Distribution it needs to be a rendition.  There could be other impacts I'm not aware of.

My question: is the .IMG the only option as a format?  There's no way to store as TIFF?

3 REPLIES 3

Bob_Loper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Marcus,

IMG is the default format for archived statements.  The only alternative is PDF.  PDFs should work fine without enabling the rendition option if you choose the 'Native Format' under the Email Distribution options. 

Also, I suggest contacting support to address the issue with large documents not being converted to PDF.

Have a great weekend!

~Bob

I did contact Support.  They can't replicate it, despite witnessing the behavior.

I will see about getting this tested as a workaround.  Thanks.

Bob_Loper
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Sounds good.  Post back if you have any questions regarding the PDF distribution.

~Bob