cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP docpop and ActiveX

Clayton_Blohm
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is there any word on if or when ActiveX controls will no longer be needed for SAP docpop to function?

I have several large clients that have a larger number of users that only access OnBase for SAP archivelink attachments.  They do not like to overhead of loading the ActiveX controls and often security policies do not permit them.

If this could be an HTML only function, it would simplify things greatly.

Thanks,

- Clay.

6 REPLIES 6

Laurie_Mordick
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thanks for the update, Gary!  Long time no chat! 

We don't have any issues with doc pop working in SAP, just a company mandate to remove any applications that require Active X.

Not applicable

Hi Jonathan,

I know a lot of people are excited to have another option other than ActiveX.  I am glad to hear you are too.  Admins will now have the choice to use either the default ActiveX viewer or the HTML viewer.  If you want to check out the features of each viewer, it's been posted in a Web Feature Matrix Document here: 

Web Feature Matrix

The section that would be specific to SAP DocPop is under Document Select List and the Viewer sections (with the exception of the Viewer – Import/Scan/Index section…that doesn’t apply to DocPop).

Chrystal

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.