cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP docpop and ActiveX

Clayton_Blohm
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is there any word on if or when ActiveX controls will no longer be needed for SAP docpop to function?

I have several large clients that have a larger number of users that only access OnBase for SAP archivelink attachments.  They do not like to overhead of loading the ActiveX controls and often security policies do not permit them.

If this could be an HTML only function, it would simplify things greatly.

Thanks,

- Clay.

6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

Good afternoon Clay,

There is a Software Change Request (132252) in place for this enhancement. 

I have spoken with development, and they are going to try to have this enhancement in place for the 12.0 release.

Thanks,

Chrystal

Will elimination of the Active X control requirement be a part of 12.0 for sure?    Can I get an update?  Big Smile  Thanks

This is excellent Christal,  I am so excited that the ActiveX requirements will be going away, as with our company we are moving away from ActiveX requirements, and need an alternative.

Question, will this be migrating to HTML5?  Or how will they provide the functionality that the ActiveX module currently provides?

Gary_Noe
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi Laurie -

The SCR referenced above has been completed and will be a part of the 12 release.  I know that this is something I have been waiting for as well, so I am glad to see it in the software. 

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.