cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Onbase 16 GIS Integration setup

jim_metcalf
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

There is a point in the install where the GIS service integration setup asks for what type of server communication method you are using.
SOAP or Remote.   This is on page 71 bullet point 8 of the arcgisservSilverlight1600.pdf.   We are trying to set this up with javascript method... not the Silverlight... fyi

Here is where I am conflicted.  On page 74 in the same manual it says...  

Set the ApplicationServer Url equal to the address of your Application Server, and set the ServiceClientType equal to the corresponding value (Remoting or SOAP).  Note: This setting must match the AppServer URL setting used in your OnBase Web Server web.config file.

Our appserver url in the webconfig file specifies SOAP.    the original install of OnBase 16 was set to SOAP settings before the GIS integration ever begun. 

The appserver and the gis service are installed on the same machine which by the instructions you are supposed to set the connection method to "remote"

Please help

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Jess_Vorobel
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out again.

You will want to use the App Server URL that matches that of the one present in your OnBase Web Server web.config file.

On page 99 of the Integration for Esri MRG for version 16, it is noted as a best practice to install the OnBase Application Server and the Hyland GIS Service on separate physical servers.

I hope this information is helpful! Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks, and sorry for the delay.

Jessica

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jess_Vorobel
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for reaching out again.

You will want to use the App Server URL that matches that of the one present in your OnBase Web Server web.config file.

On page 99 of the Integration for Esri MRG for version 16, it is noted as a best practice to install the OnBase Application Server and the Hyland GIS Service on separate physical servers.

I hope this information is helpful! Please let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks, and sorry for the delay.

Jessica