cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DocuSign Integration Diagram

Rick_White
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Does anyone have a simple, network diagram that shows how OnBase and DocuSign communicate with each other for the DocuSign integration?  I need the diagram for a DocuSign integration project that requires approval from our Cyber Security team since we have OnBase behind a firewall.

I reviewed the DocuSign eSignature Integration MRG but it does not contain a diagram I need for the security approval.

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_Morton
Employee
Employee

I couldn't find one internally for you but here is the information you would need to know regarding its connection requirements.

Simply,

• The OnBase Application Server needs to be able to call out to DocuSign’s SOAP API endpoints.
  • The clients (Unity or Web) themselves need to be able to call out to the embedded sending URLs. 

That’s it.

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland

Thank you for the reply Paul.  

Can you clarify this for me : "The clients (Unity or Web) themselves need to be able to call out to the embedded sending URLs"

What is this referring to: "call out to the embedded sending URLs"?

These would be the same DocuSign URLs for your DocuSign Account that you would use to create a new DocuSign envelop, view or modify an envelope, check the status of the envelope etc from a web browser. So for example opening a web browser and logging in to DocuSign and doing these things in DocuSign. 

For the OnBase integration we just embed a browser in the unity client and login to your docuSign account automatically and hit those same URLs to create, view, modify, and check envelopes.

The access to these URLs from the clients is granted via Docusigns application password authentication model. your admin DocuSign account username and App Password is configured in OnBase for the integration to use to authenticate when trying to launch the URLs.

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland

@Rick White Here's where DocuSign lists their URLs and IP ranges: https://www.docusign.com/trust/security/esignature