cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents using the Docusign Integration are returning an exception error: "Hyland.Common.Core.Keywords.Exceptions.InvalidKeywordValueException: An Error occurred while parsing a keyword value for Keyword Type 'Null Keytype' (0), check the inner exception for details. ---> "

Jariss_George
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We are testing the Docusign integration with OnBase and have come across a weird exception error. Users receive an exception error whenever they try to perform an action on a document after it's been sent to docusign. The full error is as follows:

6598e7ba89294a6c89d25aac5ea880c5

Hyland.Common.Core.Keywords.Exceptions.InvalidKeywordValueException: An Error occurred while parsing a keyword value for Keyword Type 'Null Keytype' (0), check the inner exception for details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Value length of 36 is greater than 20 for Keyword Type 'Null Keytype' (0).
at Hyland.Common.Core.CommonCoreGuard.ThrowOptionalInvalidOperationException(String message, FailureOptions options)
at Hyland.Core.KeywordValueNumeric`1.parseLocalizedString(String value, FailureOptions options)
at Hyland.Core.KeywordValue`1.TrySetLocalizedValue(String value, FailureOptions options)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Hyland.Core.KeywordValue`1.TrySetLocalizedValue(String value, FailureOptions options)
at Hyland.Core.DocuSignJob.ArchiveEnvelopePDF(DocumentGeneric envelopePDF, Int64 itemtypenum, Int64 keytypenum, String envelopeID, Int64& itemnum)
at Hyland.Core.DocuSignJob.AttemptDownload()
at Hyland.Core.DocuSignJob.GetHistoryToken(Int64 docID)
at Hyland.Core.HostedSigning.Services.DocuSignServices.GetHistoryToken()

Keyword Type 'Null Keytype' is not a kw we use, let alone on this doctype we're testing. Nor do we have the ability to alter since it is a core system keyword. I'm not sure where it's getting this value of 36. Diagnostic Console doesn't elaborate more on this error either. If I had to guess, the 36 value may be the Envelope ID? I'm not sure but if anyone has any experience with this issue or ideas on how to resolve it I'd greatly appreciate it.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Paul_Morton
Employee
Employee

I think it may be trying to set the envelope ID or Template ID as a keyword, but the keyword type maybe was never defined properly in OnBase config.

open onbase config and go to Document > Hosted Signing > DocuSign and check the advanced settings.  if either one of these are enabled and show a null keytype like this, you will need to set the appropriate keyword or disable the feature.

b064af569176400e9a7aa7184654330b

If that isn't the problem you can open a support ticket so we can troubleshoot it.

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Paul_Morton
Employee
Employee

I think it may be trying to set the envelope ID or Template ID as a keyword, but the keyword type maybe was never defined properly in OnBase config.

open onbase config and go to Document > Hosted Signing > DocuSign and check the advanced settings.  if either one of these are enabled and show a null keytype like this, you will need to set the appropriate keyword or disable the feature.

b064af569176400e9a7aa7184654330b

If that isn't the problem you can open a support ticket so we can troubleshoot it.

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland

Hey Paul,

I checked advance options and we have the "Apply Envelope ID as keyword" unchecked. It does appear that someone at one point did enable it showing that "Null keytype" greyed out under it. Since the box isn't enabled should that even matter? It also doesn't look like you can change the keyword type to a blank field which does concern me if it's still going to use the keytype from the selection list whether the box is enabled or not.

d299a3f6998248809f8594a6a774b710

If the boxes are checked it shouldn't be trying to use it. but I know that there was a bug with it early in 22.1.  What version and build are you running?

-Paul Morton
Product Owner, Hyland

We are on 23.1.2.1000
I went ahead and created a new keyword for the envelope ID and assigned it. It seems that regardless if the box is checked or not it'll still attempt to use the kw for the envelope ID. I've noticed odd behavior like this throughout the system before so it's quite annoying when it presents itself making it difficult to identify or troubleshoot, but it's not the end of the world now that we know what it is. Ultimately it's fine since I planned to eventually relate the documents with a portfolio but instead I'll just use this new kw for cross-referencing. Thanks for pointing this out for me.