cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Activity Provider

Mitzie_O_Rourke
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We built our first Dashboard in PROD with a Workflow Activity Provider and it gives no data.  What table is this provider reading from?  I looked in wftransactionmsg to see if we have data and we do.  That was just a guess.  Anyone have advice?

6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

Hi Mitzie!

I think the answer depends on what information you're looking for, but here are some tables I've always found useful to get you pointed in the right direction.

hsi.wflog - Provides a history of a document's travel through Workflow Queues and Life Cycles.

hsi.wftransactionlog - Provides a history of anything in Workflow configured with "Log Execution" that was run on a document.

Also, the Database Reporting Guide is a great reference to get your feet wet with where things are stored in the database (info about the two tables above are found on page 85 and 86).

Hopefully this helps!

-Doug

I looked at the Database Guide and the Dashboard MRG. It does not say which tables the out of the box providers are using. I was trying to go directly to the tables to see why no data at all was on my Dashboard using the Workflow Activity Provider.

Joe_Lane
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Mitzie,

If your Workflow Activity data provider is configured for Transition Reporting, we are querying the hsi.wflog table. Transition Reporting will report on how an item is transitioned through Workflow. This includes information such as the entry and exit time of the document, which user moved the document into and out of that queue, how long it was in that queue, and more.

If your Workflow Activity data provider is configured for Ad Hoc Task Reporting, we are querying the hsi.wftransactionlog table. Ad Hoc Task Reporting will report on how ad hoc tasks are executed in Workflow. This includes information such as which ad hoc task was executed, in which life cycle and queue that was in, who executed it and when, and more.

Since you noted you're not seeing any results in your report, here are a few considerations:

1. Are the correct life cycles and queues selected for reporting purposes?
  2. Have items been transitioned within the configured date range?
  3. Have ad hoc tasks been executed within the configured date range?

Regards,

Joe Lane
Tech Support
Hyland Software, Inc.

Is it using a combination of the wftransactionmsg & wftransactionlog for Ad hoc tasks?