cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show filter objects of another class in the Filter of the parent class

Juan_Camilo_Jar
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hello everyone. I have a Class named "Lista de Riesgos", and this class has a filter embebed fo another class named "Probabilidad/Impacto". I´m trying to make a Filter that shows an object of the class Lista de Riesgos with the info of the objects of the other filter "Probailidad/impacto) and also shows me when the object of Lista de Riesgos dones´t have any object, but roght now I can only make the filte to show the objects of the class Lista de Riesgos or another one that shows me all the objects that exist in the filter "Probaibilidad/Impacto"

601bbbf81d2d499caa841a9fe69a14c1

e3c7a99ba1b94b7084c8a6d199215e27

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Stefan_Sulea
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Juan,

If talking about a filter used in a filter bar, the only way to achieve this that I know about is to use a sub-filter. E.g. add the filter on the main class (I believe Lista de Riesgos) to a filter bar and in the wizard choose the filter on the subordinate class (Probailidad/impacto). 

I don't think there is a similar thing for filters embedded in a view. In this case the maximum you can do is embed both a filter on the main class and a filter on the subordinate class, and set up a JavaScript event so when selecting a row in the main class filter, the subordinate class filter will show only items related to that selected item. There is an example of this in the Contract Management app in the demo VM. 

Hello Stefa, your answer solved one problem, but I still need to show the subfilter as a dataprovider for a dashboard, is there a way to do this?

Sorry Juan, unfortunately I cannot help as I do not have experience with the Reporting Dashboards module 😞

Francois_Gast
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Hi Juan, check out this post: https://community.hyland.com/blog/posts/80387-how-to-interactive-filters

It describes a mechanism that we use to constrain a list of entry in a filter to a selection in another filter. I hope it helps!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.