cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Dashboards

Andy_Miller
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Is there a way in Reporting dashboards to highlight rows if certain document type values equal?.......and then if they do not equal highlight them a different color? For instance, I have a grid dashboard that I am doing a reconciliation. As shown below, I want the two document types to highlight green if the total number of documents match but if not, they highlight red. I've tried messing with expressions and can't seem to find a way to get it to work.

3 REPLIES 3

Edward_Washing2
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Yes it is possible. The screenshot of the expression should work. "KeywordName" would Document Type and

"Length" would be your value column. 

HI Edward, if I am understanding correctly, no this will not work for what I am doing. Using the example above (and there are several other entries), I need to look at two different document types, compare their value in the second column, and if they match highlight green. If they don't match, highlight red. I would think if this is possible, it would need to be via a calculated field?

Lood_Strydom1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Andrew

Formatting / expressions work on a row-by-row basis (AFAIK), not across rows as one would sometimes like to do.

Best solution in my mind would be to use a SQL data provider and build in an extra column to indicate match/mismatch.

Regards

Lood