cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Dashboards - Missing Column Formatting Option in Report

Rick_Monita2
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I have a report that i created using a custom SQL and i want to format a few columns that are showing up as currency but should actually be numeric.
For some reason i am missing the "Column Formatting" option when right clicking within the column itself.
Does anyone have any insight as to why that option is missing?
Page 22 of the MRG for OB 18 is showing that as an option. I am on version 18.0.0.35.

I appreciate any help in advance! Thanks.

4ce4e24caa894090b41528d4a4a0d73a

4 REPLIES 4

Laura_Wilke
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

This is a bug in OnBase that occurs on decimals. I had the same issue calculating the number of days between two dates. The work around is to format the columns via the custom SQL.

This fixed the issue for me:

CAST(Round((DATEDIFF(d,[Date to Ops],[Setup Complete Date]))/7.00*5.00,2) AS FLOAT)
AS [Business Days]

I have already submitted an idea to correct this if you want to vote for it:

https://community.hyland.com/ideas/idea/75385-column-formatting-for-decimals

Chris_Boultingh
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Wow, this is not good! I have a column for account number, and Reporting Dashboard is formatting it as currency as described above.

Even if I go into the SQL and force the formatting to FLOAT so I can change the formatting, it then puts commas in the value! Is there no way to tell Reporting Dashboards to leave the formatting alone, and present the value as it is in the database?

It is embarrassing to present a report to a senior VP and have to tell them "Oh, yeah... our account numbers have commas in there. Don't worry about it, it's a 'feature'" 

In SQL, convert to the value to VarChar.

Bill, that doesn't fix the issue. Even if you convert to varchar (or do a STR) it insists on formatting it as currency. The only way to force it away from that behavior is to convert to FLOAT, which then allows you to access the Column Formatting option. And that still doesn't stop it from putting commas in the number after changing the format! 

It's just ridiculous, and I can't believe this hasn't been fixed.