cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Dashboard: Create a parameter range on ID field and Amount fields

Nathan_Atkinson
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is there a way to create a request for a range in the data provider parameters. It seems when I select a data provider that is a date (like Document date) and make it a parameter, the input is automatically set to a range.  What I want is the same thing but for an Amount keyword field and an ID keyword field.  This would allow the user running the report to enter parameters so that only a certain range of dollar amounts are returned (ex: $1000 - 10,000) or only for a range of IDs ( ex: DN1000 - DP1000).

How can this be done?  I have only found the means to change from = to <> on ID fields and from = to > or <, etc on currency fields but not to create a range.  See screen shots below for reference.

Incidentally, I would also have this same question for Custom Queries that are keyword queries.  I have found that I hit the same parameter limitations and am unable to figure out how to create parameter ranges.

Thanks.

2772df4820aa4764a34508ba0090c893

1 REPLY 1

Dante_Dirskell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Nathan,

When running a report that includes a range between two values you’ll want to use the BETWEEN operator in your SQL query to provide an adjustable range at runtime. 

EX. select top 50 * from hsi.useraccount where usernum between @{value1} and @{value2}

Thanks for using Community!

-Dante D.