cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You do not have sufficient privilege to view all the data for Dashboard..."

Laura_Moyers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have a user who is getting the pop-up "You do not have sufficient privilege to view all the data for Dashboard #108."  Other users in the same user group do not get this message.  

I've looked in the Reporting Dashboard MRG and don't see any mention of this type of thing.  Does anyone have any suggestions where we can look to sort this out?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

David_Juhlin
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Laura Moyers, when you look at the permissions for the Dashboard to see the one user group has access, look also at the Data Provider(s) that support(s) the Dashboard.  I have seen this error when a Dashboard uses two Data Providers and the user's group only has access to one of them.  It could also be that the Data Provider is returning data from more Document Types than the user group has access to. (Could this one user not be in a second group that everyone else is in that grants access to more Document Types?)

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

David_Juhlin
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

@Laura Moyers, when you look at the permissions for the Dashboard to see the one user group has access, look also at the Data Provider(s) that support(s) the Dashboard.  I have seen this error when a Dashboard uses two Data Providers and the user's group only has access to one of them.  It could also be that the Data Provider is returning data from more Document Types than the user group has access to. (Could this one user not be in a second group that everyone else is in that grants access to more Document Types?)

Yep, that was it!  This particular dashboard has four data providers, and the user didn't have access to all of them.

Thanks, David!

Laura_Moyers
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

It turns out we need to provide user permissions at the data provider level, too.  SMH.