cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paramater @{ClaimNum} at runtime yields no errors, but no results.

Amy_Young-Leith
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

This seems simple enough. When I replace a static value in the query with the notation @{ClaimNum} for an inputp parameter and use the same value (or any other value), no results. No errors, and I displayed debugging information in the query entry.

I've perused Community. I reviewed the RepDashboards1700 MRG. This looks to be proper. When Configuring the Data Provider I get no errors. I've confirmed the data type (string) in Config. But... no results.

select
i.itemnum DOCHANDLE, max(i.datestored) DATESTORED, max(F.FILETYPESTR) FILETYPE, count(P.ITEMPAGENUM) PAGES, sum(P.FILESIZE) FILESIZE
from
hsi.keyitem114 k
left join HSI.ITEMDATAPAGE p on K.ITEMNUM = P.ITEMNUM
left join HSI.FILETYPE f on P.FILETYPENUM = F.FILETYPENUM
left join HSI.itemdata i on K.ITEMNUM = i.itemnum
where
K.KEYVALUECHAR = '@{ClaimNum}'
group by I.ITEMNUM

And the original query which in the Data Provider returns data:

select
i.itemnum DOCHANDLE, max(i.datestored) DATESTORED, max(F.FILETYPESTR) FILETYPE, count(P.ITEMPAGENUM) PAGES, sum(P.FILESIZE) FILESIZE
from
hsi.keyitem114 k
left join HSI.ITEMDATAPAGE p on K.ITEMNUM = P.ITEMNUM
left join HSI.FILETYPE f on P.FILETYPENUM = F.FILETYPENUM
left join HSI.itemdata i on K.ITEMNUM = i.itemnum
where
K.KEYVALUECHAR = '8464530'
group by I.ITEMNUM

Can someone point out what I'm missing!? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Jason_Knight
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi, Amy.  Thank you for using Hyland Community.  Try removing the single quotes (') around the ClaimNum parameter in the query.  Do you get the results you expect when you do that?

Had tried that; nope -- still no errors, but no data returned.

Okay, I see. In the "configure input parameters" page of the data provider wizard, is "allow using default values at runtime" checked? Where specifically is it that you expect to see data provider results but actually see none? Is that in the results-preview page of the data provider wizard?

Allow using default values at runtime was checked; I unchecked those but saw no changes in outcome.

When I run the query with a static value, I see results in the preview page and also in the dashboard itself. When I implement a parameter as shown above and provide the same claim number, I get no results in either the preview of the data provider setup, or the Dashboard itself.
Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.