cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One dashboard displaying information for multiple OnBase Environments

Alexa_Muhs
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I am wondering if it is possible to set up a Data Provider to pull information from multiple OnBase environments.  For example, I want to compare configuration in our Development, Test, and Production environments.  I know I could create the same report and export it from each environment, but it would be cooler if I could set up a data provider to pull the information for me.  Has anyone tried this?  Added complication, I'm hosted on the Hyland Cloud.

Thanks for your input!

Alexa

2 ACCEPTED ANSWERS

Larissa_Armand
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Hi Alexa,

I don't think you could query from multiple environments (databases) with one data provider, but you may be able to set up additional data sources and use the same data provider contents (SQL) in separate data providers that use a different source: 

23bd00c390304e5eb92ff77d66b354dd

I'm not sure what limitations might exist for hosted customers in terms of having other reporting sources configured. 

View answer in original post

Dante_Dirskell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Alexa,

You can use the “External Database” feature offered in the Admin section to establish connections to any database for analysis within Reporting Dashboards. Once those connections are established you’ll then be able to create custom SQL data providers to report against data sources outside of your production environment. Because you are hosted in the cloud, you will need to first contact your account manager to have the database connections created for you to leverage from your production environment.

Thanks for using Community!

Dante D.

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

I have 100% never paid attention to the database  drop down. I'll look into that. Thanks!

Bill_Schoby
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Being hosted in the Hyland cloud I don't think you will be able to create a report in any single environment that can connect to the database of another environment unless Hyland makes some sort of exception for you.  This is not an ideal solution, but if you have a license for Unity API and a developer with the knowledge, you can write custom API code to connect to each environment, extract the information you want from each, and attempt to perform name matching on all artifacts (since the IDs will be different), and produce simple text files with the data you want.  Again, not ideal, but maybe one of few limited options.

Bill, you are mostly correct about the environment.  UT (test/dev) environments can communicate, but Prod can't. So at best, I can have a dashboard with my test environments, but not Prod.  I'm not sure it's worth the API work to get what I want.  Hopefully, Larissa's "Idea" for a way to compare environments gains traction!

Dante_Dirskell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hey Alexa,

You can use the “External Database” feature offered in the Admin section to establish connections to any database for analysis within Reporting Dashboards. Once those connections are established you’ll then be able to create custom SQL data providers to report against data sources outside of your production environment. Because you are hosted in the cloud, you will need to first contact your account manager to have the database connections created for you to leverage from your production environment.

Thanks for using Community!

Dante D.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.