cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to Report Mobile Login Sessions?

Luke_Freeman
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

We are using the Security Transactions Report in Report Services to identify all users logging in to OnBase but there doesn't seem to be anything that identifies a session initiated through the Mobile App.

All actions are listed a "Login to Core Services" and the workstation listed is our webserver.

We also have a license report in Dashboards but that just shows "Concurrent License" for all sessions.

Any thoughts on how we can identify Mobile logins either through Dashboards or Report Services?

5 REPLIES 5

Dustin_Harris
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Maybe a bit off track, but....

I currently use SQL to get a list of active connections.

One of the columns I select is "productname" and I know that the Mobile clients are included there.

Maybe you can use it to narrow down your search for accurate historical reporting:

--SHOW ACTIVE USERS/PRODUCTS--SELECT u.username, r.registername, ps.productname, u.lastlogon, r.macaddress, ps.producttypeFROM hsi.loggeduser lJOIN hsi.useraccount u ON u.usernum = l.usernumJOIN hsi.registeredusers r ON l.registernum = r.registernumJOIN hsi.productsold ps ON l.producttype = ps.producttype--where ps.productname = 'Mobile Access for iPhone'ORDER BY u.lastlogon desc

Luke_Freeman
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Thanks Dustin,

I gave this a shot. Unfortunately it just lists all logins (Mobile, Web or Unity) under the product name "Concurrent Client" which I assume refers to the license type (product type 16). Do you think we are missing something is our system set up which would trigger the reporting?

Luke

I'm afraid that's the only lead I have to offer--but what you're after would be a huge benefit to a lot of customers, I think.

Maybe I just don't know where to look, but if there was a column for the "Client Type" that showed what you're asking, I'd absolutely make use of it.

OK - we'll continue exploring this. If we find a way to do it I'll post the answer here