cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to use a Display Action on a Workview Object with columns that are not displayed?

Justin_Iagulli
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I have a data provider that returns Attr1, Attr2, Attr3, and ObjectId. I would like to map ObjectId for a display action without having ObjectId be a display column. Can I do this?

Along the same lines, I would like to hardcode a # for my ClassId in the Display Action without having it come through in the data provider, can I do that?

1 REPLY 1

Todd_Bailey
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Justin,

Currenty mapping a display action to a hidden dimension is not supported.  However, there is an existing SCR #197274, for this enhancement, please contact your first line of support to be added to the SCR.

If you are looking to hardcode a number on a dashboard, you can do that by creating a calculated field.  To create a calculated field, from the designer, right click on your data provider's name in the column selection pane.  You will see the option to add a calculated field.  

Note: Calculated fields are tied to the dashboard and data provider.  They are not shared amongst dashboards and will be deleted if the data provider is removed from the dashboard.

Thank you!

Todd Bailey