cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document History Report

Pepper_Henkel
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Our HIM manager needs a report used for showing document history. I don't see anything in the Report Services reports that fits our needs. Would love to have two options, document history by document id and another where they can search all actions by a specific user in a certain time frame. Am I just missing these reports?

I can pull the information needed in a Crystal Report from the transactionxlog table, but it needs to be available to the manager on the fly. Any help would be appreciated!

7 REPLIES 7

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

The OnBase Client (AKA Thick Client) has an option under "Admin > Transaction Logs > Create Report" that does most of this:

The Details column includes the doc handle.

View Button result:

Create Report Button (stores as a text document in SYS - Transaction Log):

This option allows you to use tools such as export and text search.

Thank you for the quick response, Eric. Not really ideal for the manager to run this...but I found this information useful for other purposes. 🙂

Any idea if this is something that will be added to Report Services in the future? After scanning the community for days now...looks like it would be helpful for a lot of folks!

View:  I am unable to click on the column header to sort the results - for example, by date.  I thought that was standard throughout OnBase.

Create Report:  Though I have access to Admin, when I choose Create Report, I get an error:  "unable to make file read-only: <<fully qualified file name.ctx>> and then an error about writing to Disk Group (?) - I'm pretty sure our system is set up so that I cannot save an SYS report generated in Thick Client in production, but I don't know why that decision was made.  Any thoughts?  Is that really a setting or a by-product of server permissions or something?  Or in my Thick Client icon/shortcut config?

Thanks in advance.

Paula: This particular report I don't believe sorts by clicking the columns, but before you run the report, you can pick a single column to order the results by.

I think Microsoft Excel and LibreOffice both have features where fixed-width columns can be pasted in and the column widths can be worked out (either by specifying the widths or maybe there's automatic functionality to do it?) and then you'd be able to sort and group by different columns.

You'll probably have to use the View button to view the results without actually creating a document.  It sounds like you're company is not using DDS so the thick client is trying to write the file to the disk groups itself and the account you're logged into the PC as doesn't have direct access to the disk group.