Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Grid - display total of an attribute in function of another attribute

Mouna_Felah
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi there,
I have two attributes and i want to display on my column the number of objects from the first attribute (NDerog) in function with the second attribute (Type Derogation) .
I have tried with Edit rules but i could'nt.
Can you help me please ?
Ps: in the MRG i didn't find tips for this, is there any another documents that show tips about calculated field, rules, grid, ... ?
Thanks,
Mouna

5 REPLIES 5

Todd_Bailey
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Hi Mouna! It sounds like there should not be 7106 records for each value of TypeDerogation. However, based on how the grid is consolidating records that is indeed the case. I would suggest opening this dashboard via the gallery and clicking the Export Data button from the menu. This will give you all of the data that is being returned by the data provider and you can ensure that it is correctly retrieving the data (35,530 records based on the image above). I look forward to hearing how this progresses, please let us know!
Thank you,
Todd Bailey

Mouna_Felah
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Hey Todd,
Yes it is correct, it should be a specific value for each typeDerogation.
The Export Data button allows to download Dashboard on excel, in my case, i want to publish it on my grid ...
Thanks for your help,
Mouna

Todd_Bailey
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Mouna, I was merely suggesting to use the Export Data button to ensure that you have selected the correct data set. Is this dashboard using a Custom SQL data provider or another data provider type? Based on what I currently see, the dashboard is grouping the data correctly.
Thanks, Todd

Mouna_Felah
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Yes it is grouping data correctly.
I am using custom sql data provider.
Thanks,
Mouna