cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a report using Reporting Dashboard from a Unity Form

Debra_Rutan
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a customer that created a Unity Form that has a section that contains several check boxes (example Services Requested shown below). After this form has been completed by their clients, they want to generate a report that will give them a count for each Service Requested. These check boxes are not keywords. Can a report be generated using the Reporting Dashboard module?

752010de76724e4f8b65f2d6a59981c8

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Most common solution is to use the API to access the XML files OR use Workflow and Workflow Properties.

Similar Thread:

Accessing data in Unity Forms (hyland.com)

If it was my solution I would probably explore Workflow, using an OnSaveForm system event.

It would be a loop for each (yes, all 20+) checkbox on the form:

1. Action: Set Property to/from Unity Form
  2. Rule: Check Property = 1
  3. TRUE: Action: Increment Property (propTotal) (+1)

After that I would likely copy the value of propTotal back to a keyword on my form so it becomes searchable and reportable.

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Eric_Beavers
Employee
Employee

Most common solution is to use the API to access the XML files OR use Workflow and Workflow Properties.

Similar Thread:

Accessing data in Unity Forms (hyland.com)

If it was my solution I would probably explore Workflow, using an OnSaveForm system event.

It would be a loop for each (yes, all 20+) checkbox on the form:

1. Action: Set Property to/from Unity Form
  2. Rule: Check Property = 1
  3. TRUE: Action: Increment Property (propTotal) (+1)

After that I would likely copy the value of propTotal back to a keyword on my form so it becomes searchable and reportable.

Thank you, I will give it a try. Am I correct in thinking they should have made each one a keyword from the beginning and then it would be able to be reported on? 

Does the customer want a total amount of each service requested across multiple forms? 

Or, do they want the number of services requested on each form?

If it's the latter and you can modify the form going forward I would suggest giving a checked field a value of 1 then creating a calculated field to tally the checked fields, i.e. sum(field1+field2), etc.

To make it easier to report you could add a keyword to the form and use another custom action to copy the calculated value to the keyword. 

No one person needs to know everything—they simply need to know who knows it.

They want to have a total across multiple forms. Example: How many clients requested Obtaining GED for the year 2021.