cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can line graph axes change based on format?

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the breakdown of the axes based upon a filter that is chosen? For example, if I choose a time frame of a year, then the axis on the bottom would show it in a monthly breakdown? And if I chose a monthly, then it would show it as a daily breakdown? And if I chose a weekly breakdown, then it would show it every X hours?

Those are just examples, but something I am looking to do.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Dante_Dirskell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to accomplish the configuration you are looking for using our filtering options. Based on my understanding of your request I think the following options will provide a dashboard layout similar to what you requested.

In this example, I am counting the number of documents in my system by the Document ID and displaying the date related details as separate Argument levels. The options shown are all available from the Argument context menu.

668a5be170914c2a8c56673947864edc

Once I have all my date details configured the way I want them to appear to the end user, I can then activate the “Drill Down” feature to allow users the ability drill down into the level of detail they wish to see from the chart I configured. (Year, Month, Week of Month, ect.)

c2b9731e2fc44c2cabb9b18a2f46823b

Hopefully this helps. Thanks for using Community!

-Dante D.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dante_Dirskell
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Ryan,

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a way to accomplish the configuration you are looking for using our filtering options. Based on my understanding of your request I think the following options will provide a dashboard layout similar to what you requested.

In this example, I am counting the number of documents in my system by the Document ID and displaying the date related details as separate Argument levels. The options shown are all available from the Argument context menu.

668a5be170914c2a8c56673947864edc

Once I have all my date details configured the way I want them to appear to the end user, I can then activate the “Drill Down” feature to allow users the ability drill down into the level of detail they wish to see from the chart I configured. (Year, Month, Week of Month, ect.)

c2b9731e2fc44c2cabb9b18a2f46823b

Hopefully this helps. Thanks for using Community!

-Dante D.

That's actually a pretty good idea. I didn't even think about doing it that way. I will have to try that out and see if that works for what I need. 🙂

Thanks!!!

Luke_Freeman
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

@Dante D.   think the drill down idea is a good solution for this.