cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Archived Queues

Tracy_Mason
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Is it possible to hide archived queues so they don't show up in the workflow? I'd like to clean up our workflow by removing old queues but want to retain the documents so I can create a "Archive View" to look up archived documents.  I see the option to remove from workflow but it states it removes the document /item and history from workflow. Thanks!

Tracy

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Casey_Callahan
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Tracy Mason 

You can archive items from workflow in the the Explorer grid by right clicking on an item, selecting Workflow, and then selecting Archive. You can also do this by selecting Workflow in the menu and then Archive. This will retain the workflow history and the item will no longer be in workflow.

You can also configure the queue to archive automatically by opening the queue properties, selecting Removal, set removal method to archive, and then set when to apply that action. If you leave Days, Hours, and Minutes as 0 then will happen immediately unless there are a lot of items in the queue already. If there is a large volume then it will take some time for Workflow Agent to process them all.

I do not know a way you can hide queues but you can remove the users and groups from the queue so it is not visible to non-manager users. You can also remove queues from workflow once they no longer have items. The deleted queue names should still show in workflow history for any items that entered those queues.

Hope this helps.

View answer in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Casey_Callahan
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

@Tracy Mason 

You can archive items from workflow in the the Explorer grid by right clicking on an item, selecting Workflow, and then selecting Archive. You can also do this by selecting Workflow in the menu and then Archive. This will retain the workflow history and the item will no longer be in workflow.

You can also configure the queue to archive automatically by opening the queue properties, selecting Removal, set removal method to archive, and then set when to apply that action. If you leave Days, Hours, and Minutes as 0 then will happen immediately unless there are a lot of items in the queue already. If there is a large volume then it will take some time for Workflow Agent to process them all.

I do not know a way you can hide queues but you can remove the users and groups from the queue so it is not visible to non-manager users. You can also remove queues from workflow once they no longer have items. The deleted queue names should still show in workflow history for any items that entered those queues.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! I tested by archiving a queue and documents/items were removed but the queue was still there. Does this mean that I can delete the queue?

"You can also remove queues from workflow once they no longer have items. "

I'm not sure if that statement applies to workflows where documents were archived and are now the queue is empty?

Yes now you can delete the queue(s). Remove = delete in this context. You can delete queues where documents were archived and now the queues are empty.

Great, thanks! So, clicking/selecting the queue and hitting delete on the keyboard? 

5e3a574c25ba47989ba028b473e95923

Also, can you un-archive if you don't delete the queue (so the documents/items will return to queue to be seen again or like it was before)?

And Lastly, I have a view on the drawer of these documents so would I even need to create a archive view? I can still search the archived documents with this view as well is that correct?

I'm sorry for so many questions, appreciate your assistance!

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.