cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zero Trust Security Models and OnBase

Philip_Evans1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I recently had someone reach out and ask about updating their networking infrastructure to a "Zero Trust Security Model" and how that might impact their OnBase system; what security modules would need set up, how services would interact with the database, and how it might impact a user's experience. I have to admit that I only had a vague, high level understanding of what the term meant, so a quick Google search lead me to this definition:

"Zero Trust is a security concept that requires all users, even those inside the organization’s enterprise network, to be authenticated, authorized, and continuously validating security configuration and posture, before being granted or keeping access to applications and data. This approach leverages advanced technologies such as multifactor authentication, identity and access management (IAM), and next-generation endpoint security technology to verify the user’s identity and maintain system security." (source)

I now have a more thorough (yet still pretty high-level) understanding of the concept- we can't just assume that since a user is on our network that they can be trusted- but what does OnBase look like in a zero trust environment? What security should be in place to make sure my OnBase system is meeting these practices- IdP, MFA, etc? Is there any Hyland documentation on security in regards to zero trust specifically? 

1 REPLY 1

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi @Philip Evans ,

OnBase supports the use of authentication and particular multi-factor authentication via federated authentication from the Hyland IDP.  The Hyland IDP is supported with all clients and APIs used by the Hyland IDP.  While this might not meet all of the granular scenarios which need to be addressed with Zero Trust, it should at least get the conversation started.

Best wishes.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.