cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xpost : Placing a user in a scan queue, without using a group

Isabelle_Smith
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Cross post to a Prod Imaging forum post. 

We have specific AD groups that control what scan queues a user can see.  One scan queue is always given, so we added the Groups for the other scan queues into the 'always' queue, and it's worked 100% perfect since inception. 

At this time, I have to specifically add 3 users to this 'always' queue, but NOT to any other queue.  and I can't figure out how to do it.  I know we've done it in the past, because my task is really more 'move these users from Q1 to Q2..

I feel like i've combed the Config backwards and forwards, but I know i'm missing something. 

Anyone know how to specifically add a user to a queue, without using a group? 

1 REPLY 1

Steve_Reed
Employee
Employee

Hi Dan,

Scan queues are only controlled by groups, so you'd have to either find a group with access to the desired queue that you can add these 3 users to (depending on what other access this group might grant to the users that you may or may not want), or create a new group for these users and add that group to the desired queue.  There isn't a mechanism to add individual users to a scan queue without using user groups.  You may also find some benefit with the 'override processing queues' functionality within the user groups | user groups & rights | scan queues menu - although it still works at the group level and not individual users, it does allow more granular control over which step(s) within a scan queue that given user groups can access.