cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageDataProvider DPI

Stephen_Bell
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
The API says you can tell it what DPI to return a raster at (with ImageGetDocumentProperties.DotsPerInch=600). However, for PDF and DOC document types, it always returns the contents at 200 DPI. The problem arises because the returned image file _says_ it’s 600 DPI (File->Properties->Details), but, the content is actually 200 DPI, no matter what we put in the ImageGetDocumentProperties object. As a result, anything processing the image downstream interprets it as 1/3 the actual size. Is there a setting somewhere on the OnBase server to change the default DPI returned by the ImageDataProvider?Some other solution to getting the image returned with DPI specified?Am new to OnBase so pardon if I am asking a dumb question or misunderstanding something basic.Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Stephen,

A member for your organization's supporting reseller has contacted API Support for the same issue, and has verified that they are indeed the same issue, so I will go ahead and work with that person on answering the question and the issue. I will post the answer to this forum post as well, when the issue ticket is completed.

Aki_Daiguji
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi Stephen,

As you may be aware, an SCR for this has been created for this, so that the ImageGetDocumentProperties.DotsPerInch property will actually be used for file conversion. This is currently available in the latest release build of v15, and there is an SCR for porting this back to v14, which will be avalable in the future build of v14 SP1.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.