cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting PageData without overlays using the DefaultDataProvider

Grant_Fish
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Is there a way to retrieve PageData without overlay images using the DefaultDataProvider? I am using the API to migrate a large number of documents. Most of them are TIF images, but some are Office documents, PDFs, or other file formats. I have found that if an overlay is defined for a document type and the image is retrieved with the DefaultDataProvider, the overlay is burned into the image. Unlike the ImageDataProvider, the DefaultDataProvider does not seem to have a GetDocumentProperties object that allows me to turn off the overlay.

The only alternative that I can see is to use the DefaultDataProvider to retrieve the PageData, then after I determine that the PageData is a TIF image (this will be true 99% of the time), discard this PageData and use the ImageDataProvider with an ImageGetDocumentProperties object set to not retrieve the overlay to get another set of PageData without the overlay.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

You are correct. The DefaultDataProvider does not expose the ability to remove the overlay. Your alternative solution of detecting the file type and using the ImageProvider would work. If all of the documents are in the same Document Type, you may consider simply disabling the overlay temporarily in configuration while you perform you extraction and then re-enable it when the process is complete. This of course would remove the overlay from all documents under that document type so this would only work if you don't want the overlay on any of the documents.

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

You are correct. The DefaultDataProvider does not expose the ability to remove the overlay. Your alternative solution of detecting the file type and using the ImageProvider would work. If all of the documents are in the same Document Type, you may consider simply disabling the overlay temporarily in configuration while you perform you extraction and then re-enable it when the process is complete. This of course would remove the overlay from all documents under that document type so this would only work if you don't want the overlay on any of the documents.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.