cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WorkView Views in Version 18

Matthew_Pope1
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

In version 18 the views are now stored in the database, but I am having trouble locating them.  I see the rmview and rmscreen tables, but these have no data in them.  When I open a view I can see in diagnostics console database tab that it is querying the rmcomponent tables.  After looking into these it appears that this is where the information on views is stored.  How do these rmcomponent tables relate back to the rmobject and rmobjectinstance tables for each class?

10 REPLIES 10

Barbara_Ebel-La
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Thank you for everyone who provided info on this!  I took what you wrote and adapted it to find friendly names for attributes on each WorkView view.   Please comment if you see anything that needs fixing.

-- WorkView Display Names on Viewsselect  rtrim(appl.rmApplicationName) as AppName, rtrim(rclass.ClassName) as ClassName, trim(cView.rmName) as ViewName--, prView.rmcomponentid as ViewComponentID--, cView.rmComponentType as VCompType--, trim(cTemp.rmName) as TemplateName--, prTemp.rmcomponentid as TemplateCompID--, cTemp.rmComponentType as TCompType--, prView.rmcomponentproperty PRViewCompProp, trim(rAttr.AttributeName) as AttrSysName--, prAttr.rmcomponentproperty PRAttrCompProp, trim(prattr.value) ViewAttrID--, trim(cattr.rmname) AttrNameOnView -- occasionally different from AttrSysName but not sure why, trim(PrAttrName.value) AttrDisplayNamefrom hsi.rmcomponentprop prView -- contains friendly name of viewinner join hsi.rmcomponentprop prTemp on prTemp.Value = prView.Value -- contains friendly name of Template                                        and prView.rmComponentProperty = 114 -- the component ID for Views                                        and prTemp.rmComponentProperty = 35 -- the component ID for Templatesinner join hsi.rmComponent cAttr on cAttr.primarycomponentid = prTemp.rmcomponentid -- Links the attribute to the View (Primary Component)                                    --    and Cattr.rmComponentproperty = 105inner join hsi.rmcomponentprop prAttrName on prAttrName.rmcomponentid = cAttr.rmcomponentid  -- contains friendly name of Attribute                                        and prAttrName.rmComponentProperty = 2 -- the component ID for Attributes                                        --and cAttr.rmcomponentproperty = 105inner join hsi.rmcomponentprop prAttr on prAttr.rmcomponentid = cAttr.rmcomponentid  -- contains friendly name of Attribute                                        and prAttr.rmComponentProperty = 105 -- the component ID for Attributes                                        --and cAttr.rmcomponentproperty = 105inner join hsi.rmComponent cView on cView.rmcomponentid = prView.rmcomponentidinner join hsi.rmComponent cTemp on cTemp.rmcomponentid = prTemp.rmcomponentidinner JOIN hsi.rmattribute rAttr ON rAttr.attributeID = prAttr.value -- link the component on the view to the attribute IDinner JOIN hsi.rmclassattributes ClassAttr ON ClassAttr.classattributeid = rAttr.attributeIDinner join hsi.rmclass rclass on rclass.classid = ClassAttr.classIDinner join hsi.rmapplicationclasses ac on ac.classid = rclass.classidinner join hsi.rmapplication appl on appl.rmapplicationid = ac.rmapplicationid--where trim(appl.rmApplicationName) = 'Medical Record Requests'order by 1, 2, 3, 4;