cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMI: Invalid Class

Dan_Berg
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

What do I need to do to resolve this issue?  (Windows 7 sp1 - Hyland Unity Client installed)

After signing on to the Unity Thick client, an "Invalid class" message is displayed and the details button say this:

System.Management.ManagementException: Invalid class
   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.get_Count()
   at Hyland.Services.Client.ClientUtility.GetMacAddresses()
   at Hyland.Services.Client.ConnectClientProcess.loadRequest(IServiceClient serviceClient, Request request)
   at Hyland.Services.Client.ConnectClientProcess.Process(IServiceClient serviceClient, String sessionID)
   at Hyland.Services.Client.ClientProcessAgent.Execute()
   at Hyland.Services.Client.ServiceDispatcher.Dispatch(ServiceRequest request):

4 REPLIES 4

Matt_Anderson
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Dan,

Occasionally a restart may fix this, but the error indicates that your WMI library is corrupted and needs to be rebuilt.

Windows 7 makes this process a little easier by extending the winmgmt service to be able to rebuild the repository easier than what is required for XP.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa394525(v=vs.85).aspx

I would recommend verifying the repository and creating a backup before attempting to salvage the repository with this method. Hyland Technical Support should be able to assist you with this step as well if you contact your support team.

Dan_Berg
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I had found similar type articles elsewhere on the Microsoft site and they are a good start as well as your link.

After backing up the repository, the final command that fixed it for me was:

winmgmt /resetrepository

Thanks for your assistance.

Dan

Yakima County here. This was the fix we were looking for. Worked! Shout out to Jonathan Thornbury for this find.

Grant_Smith
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I recently had this issue, and the winmgmt /resetrepository was not solving it. I ended up running the windows 10 ISO while logged into windows (rather than booting from the ISO), this allows the option to keep all apps and files. by reinstalling windows this way, it solved the issue.