cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Service missing from Configuration

Kris_Conrads
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

I recently performed a Stand-Alone migration from Prod to Test.  Most of it went really well.  One interesting thing is the Windows Service.  It is listed in the Services console in Windows, but is not listed in Configuration (Configuration - Utils - Windows Service).  The good news is that it still runs without any issues, but not having it listed in Configuration makes it kind of hard to modify.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

The service was found in the OnBase client under Admin | Utilities | Windows Services.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor
Hey Kris,
Could you try logging into the OnBase client and look under Admin | Utilities | Windows Services and see if it's listed here instead?
Thanks,

Kris_Conrads
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
It is. So, those are different? I thought they were just two ways to get to the same thing.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor
Hey Kris,
I have always been under the same impression (both should do the same thing) as long as you are opening configuration on the workstation where the service resides. But this option also did not exist in the Thick Client in earlier versions of OnBase which required a HASP. I typically use the Client to create a majority of services. It may be in relation to how the service was created as well. If you do want to track down why this is, I'd suggest contacting your first line if support.
Hope this helps!

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

The service was found in the OnBase client under Admin | Utilities | Windows Services.