cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 8 Client

Jay_Gienty
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Anyone using Windows 8 yet?  We're going to start rolling out Win 8 and I need to test the clients on it.  Right now the majority of our clients are Web only with a few thick clients.  Anyone have any experiences to share?   We're on 12.0.1

5 REPLIES 5

Garrett_Weber
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

We have been testing for about two weeks and haven't noticed anything issues yet, were running thick client, unity, and web. Havent done much testing with App Enabler or anything like that yet, but clients seem to be working well.

Fred_La_Plante
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have been able to successfully load the OnBase 11 on Win 8 pro on a Dell Latitude 10 tablet running Win 8 pro. Not seeing any anomalies at this time, but this is not in anything but testing stage.

Alejandro_Vaneg
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Jay,

On February 15, 2012, Hyland Software released OnBase 12 SP2.  Primary drivers for this Service Pack release were to provide performance improvements and to increase our operating system and browser support options.  As a result, OnBase 12 SP2 brings us these four major enhancements:

1. OnBase (Thick) Client and Unity Client are now supported on Windows 8
  2. Web Client is now supported with Internet Explorer 10 (on Windows 8 only) and Mozilla Firefox 17 ESR
  3. Application Enabler is now supported with 64-bit applications
  4. Unity Client performance improvements

That's great that SP2 make 12 fully supported.  Does that mean I have to upgrade from 12.0.1 to 12.2? I don't see that happening soon.  Jay