cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will OnBase 12 allow to select document handle as a system keyword to an AFKWS?

Ed_Faroun1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We are currently on 9.2 and that does not allow us to select the docuemtn Handle as a System Keyword to sue in an AFKWS we need to abckfill random doucemtns in OnBase.

10 REPLIES 10

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi There.

My understanding is that you would like to copy the document handle to the Document Handle Keyword on a number of document.  From your last post it sounds like you would like to have the document handle (itemnum) value as two separate keywords on the document.  Is this correct? 

Are you looking to do this to all documents in the system or only a subset?  Are you looking to do this for documents already in the system or for new ones coming in?

Thanks.

Ed_Faroun1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Adam,

I woudl like to copy the ItemNum value to a keyword (Keyword B) on a document, I created an AFKWS using ONLY the keywords "Document Handle" and Keyword B, in the AFKWS Management I see that the ItemNum value is copied BUT it is not populating keyword B value.

I need to do this to a number of random documents selected by the ItemNum

What would be the best way to do that?

Thank you

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Well, one way that you can do this is with Workflow.  The Action Key - Copy Keyword will allow you to select a Source Keyword (in this case the document handle) and then copy it to a Destination Keyword (in your case Keyword B).  With this process you can copy assign any number of document types to the Workflow Lifecycle.  In my case, I simply did this with System Work so that any document which went through the lifecycle was updated accordingly.

Is this what you are looking for? 

Thanks.

jeremywinters
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

If workflow is not an option, there are a few other routes you could go.  You could write a simple VBscript that can be run from a right click menu.  If you can generate a hitlist of  the correct documents, you could use the Execute VB Script option from the right click menu to copy the ItemNum keyword and add it to the Keyword B value. 

A second option would be to use the Keyword Updater functionality built into the software - a free license you can request.  If you have a comma separated list of the values that needed to be updated, this functionality could retrieve documents based on those ItemNum keyword and add that value into the Keyword B field.

Ed_Faroun1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Hello,

Yes that is what I am currently doing and is working fine, we have random documents from different DTGs that do not have the Keyword B and we wanted to add it, sicne these are different DTGs we wanted to do an AFKWS and populate these documents but eventhough the AFKWS is bringing the ItemNum value and we can see that in AFKWS Management, it is not populating the Keyword B.

Thank you