cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will an AFKS work in a cascading data set?

Kaylene_Whittle
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have a unity form that an Approver uses to create the GL coding for an invoice that they now want the expense account to be populated with the account number that is tied to the vendor the invoice is for. We currently have a cascading data set that contains the Company, Accounting Unit, Expense Account and Sub Account. The GL coding form inherits keywords from the Invoice which I have added vendor number to be inherited on the form.

My question is can I add an AFKS with vendor number (inherited from Invoice) as the primary and have it pull the expense account using an external data set. The GL string is part of a Keyword Group, would vendor number needs to be added to the Keyword Group for it to work? If the user wanted to change the expense account number from the one populated through AFKS could he with the values from the cascading data set?

Or could I create another keyword that would populate the expense account number through the AFKS and then create a custom action to add it to the expense account keyword in the keyword group?  Would the user be able to change the expense account number from the one populated through the AFKS from the cascading data set?

Just not sure what my best option is? Or is there a better way to do this other than the two options above? We are on version 15 currently.

Thanks for the help!

Kaylene

0 REPLIES 0