cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VDI Support Question

Michael_Butt1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

In researching the Community, I've seen scattered questions about OnBase in a VDI environment, but I have a customer that is interested in switching their users to VDI workstations. 

Is there anything documented specifically to VDI that may be of assistance?

Or, is there some specific things to look out for or specific functionality that may not be supported? I'm thinking peripheral support for example.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Carol_Weaver
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have some VDI in our enviornment. We are starting to impliment OnBase 15 and have run extensive testing on VDI. ! main thing is all onbase will need to be set up on the VDI's virtual c drive. This will be linked to the MAC address of the VDI unit. and that is how OnBase uses it's registrations according to MAC address.

View answer in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Carol_Weaver
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We have some VDI in our enviornment. We are starting to impliment OnBase 15 and have run extensive testing on VDI. ! main thing is all onbase will need to be set up on the VDI's virtual c drive. This will be linked to the MAC address of the VDI unit. and that is how OnBase uses it's registrations according to MAC address.

Michael_Butt1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor
That's very helpful, thank you.

Did you end up using it on any scanning stations? I know it's recommended that VDI not be used, but I'm assuming that is due to the various scanning devices that may cause issues.

Sorry for the random, 3-year-later comment, but do you know where you found this information?

We are looking at VDI, and trying to find as much information as possible regarding what can and can't be moved to it.

Thanks!

Frank

Mike_Moore
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
We've been successfully running FOS (v13) in VDI for several months now. However, when we started testing v15, we found that licensing is an issue. Apparently it needs a workstation license which causes problems when we have 500 potential workstation names in the pool. We only have 110 FOS named licenses. We are being directed to use Enterprise licensing to remedy the issue. I'd be interested to know if anyone else is running FOS in VDI.