cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why would an SQL External keyword set only return 1 value when testing.

Rick_Clarke
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

The Set is configured with 2 keywords PO ID and PO Status.  The sql query is asking for the following: Select Status, ID From Purchase_Order where ID = '@primary' however I am unable to get anymore data than only 1 value.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Rick_Clarke
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I found the issue.

When the AFKS was built I had originally set it to only have 1 Keyword.  I had added the second keyword as i was testing, however I did not relaunch the config client.

After relaunching the configuration client I am now seeing both keyword columns of data.

Sorry for the hassle everyone.  Thank you for your help.

Rick

View answer in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
it is an external keyword not an external keywords dataset. I would recommend one keyword per - e.g. create another keyword for the second value.

Rick_Clarke
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Sorry Tom, I am missing something. It is an Autofill Keyword Set that I am building, I was to the understanding that I would be able to pull back more than 1 keyword in a set. I have the keywords already built for Status and PO in the system, which are already added to the AFKS, however no matter what I put in for an SQL script it only returns one value in the test window.

Thomas_Reu
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator
in that case, do you get what you expect if you try select * ? Also, if you go to the database and query directly what do you get?

Bryan_Hurless
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Rich,

Thank you for using the OnBase Community.  Have you verified in the source database that more than 1 instance of that primary key exists?

Essentially if you are entering a Primary with only one matching secondary set of values you will only get that set of secondary values.  See an example of the table below, notice there are multiple matching secondary keys for the "ABC" Primary key, but only 1 matching for the "XYZ" Primary Key.

For example, lets say your primary key is "ABC".  If there are multiple matching Primary Keys multiple sets will be returned.

If your Primary key only has one matching set, only that set will be returned.

I hope this helps!

Thanks again for using the OnBase Community!