cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do you have to use UseDeprecatedPasswordApi with Hyland IdP?

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Can someone from Hyland explain to me why I have to use the UseDeprecatedPasswordApi feature and set it to true in order to get logged into the system with the MANAGER account? I haven't been able to find any documentation anywhere and had to find out about this feature/flag from another customer who ran into the same issue.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan.

This feature is documented in the Integrating With Hyland IAM Services MRG for OnBase Foundation EP4 and higher.  It is meant for backwards compatibility with older versions of the software. 

You are likely running a version of the Hyland Identity Provider (IDP) higher than 2.2.0 (my guess 2.4.0 or 2.4.1) with OnBase Foundation EP3.  Versions of the Hyland IDP higher than 2.2.0 default to perform user password validation using a newer validation API inline with the SCIM standards.  The UseDeprecatedPasswordApi feature toggle allows for the newer versions of the Hyland IDP to use the older password validation API running in the OBSCIM service hosted via the Hyland API Server when the older version of the Hyland API Server doesn't have the newer password validation API.  The new password validation API is supported via the OBSCIM service in OnBase Foundation EP4 and higher of the Hyland API Server.

Best wishes.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Ryan.

This feature is documented in the Integrating With Hyland IAM Services MRG for OnBase Foundation EP4 and higher.  It is meant for backwards compatibility with older versions of the software. 

You are likely running a version of the Hyland Identity Provider (IDP) higher than 2.2.0 (my guess 2.4.0 or 2.4.1) with OnBase Foundation EP3.  Versions of the Hyland IDP higher than 2.2.0 default to perform user password validation using a newer validation API inline with the SCIM standards.  The UseDeprecatedPasswordApi feature toggle allows for the newer versions of the Hyland IDP to use the older password validation API running in the OBSCIM service hosted via the Hyland API Server when the older version of the Hyland API Server doesn't have the newer password validation API.  The new password validation API is supported via the OBSCIM service in OnBase Foundation EP4 and higher of the Hyland API Server.

Best wishes.

Ah, this makes a LOT more sense now. We are running EP3 and Hyland IdP 2.4.1. So the fact that our current version of the REST API doesn't have the updated password validation functionality makes a LOT more sense now. I have to say, it would be nice if this was documented a little more cleanly in the documentation. Like a spot there in Red outlines, bold, underlined, etc. lol

Thanks.

Glad that it makes more sense.  Unfortunately we can't red outline everything as this would make the documentation a bit hard to read, but your point is made.

Best wishes.