cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is non-KW data on HTML Eforms stored in the SQL tables?

Amy_Josephthal
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I am needing to pull some data out on a report that is capture in a text field (like a notes field) on an HTML/Eform but it is not stored as a keyword??  Anyone know what SQL table "under the hood" that other form data would stored in?  I know how to find KW data in the SQL tables, but can't figure out where any other eform data is stored.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Fabian_Serna
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Data stored in Eform text fields is not stored in database. This data is stored at the repository level within the html tags that each form represents. To extract this information it is necessary to go to the repository and read the specific tag of the text field.

This is why it is recommended that in the design of the forms be taken into account that this information can not be automatically extracted from the database or the other alternative is to store it in a kw with the restriction that it can not exceed 250 characters

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Fabian_Serna
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Data stored in Eform text fields is not stored in database. This data is stored at the repository level within the html tags that each form represents. To extract this information it is necessary to go to the repository and read the specific tag of the text field.

This is why it is recommended that in the design of the forms be taken into account that this information can not be automatically extracted from the database or the other alternative is to store it in a kw with the restriction that it can not exceed 250 characters

For limited, low-performance usage, you may be able to query History tables and parse the strings saying how individual fields were modified.

The tables are huge and have very limited indexing, and the column is only 250 or 255 characters (so long values may be truncated) and it's written in an order with the document's auto-name string first (so not so long values may be truncated- but that can be useful for very specific cases.

I can point you to more specific tables/columns if you need.

Thanks for the help...appreciate the guidance.