cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When scanning and uploading Documents, the common keywords will not retain when changing Document Types.

Kevin_Gassert
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Common keyword values are not retained after performing an ad-hoc upload and changing the document type to a new document type. The keyword types are the same on both document types but the keyword values are not retained in the upload window when the document type is changed. This was not the behavior prior to version 16. An SCR# 249956 was opened last fall after we installed V16 and after getting angry calls from users. We constantly have users asking when this will be fixed and we have been telling them it is in the works but unknown to me this was closed last month with the comment that it was normal behavior. This was not normal before 16 and is still not normal for the web client. Has no one else had users upset over this?

Thanks,

Kevin

6 REPLIES 6

Ellen_Murnane
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Yes, we have users upset about this also, we have had to put a workaround of them putting items into a network folder and then having that folder swept into a scan queue where they can index the documents and "lock" the keywords in place.

Kevin_Gassert
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator
Ellen,
Please complain to your FLOS about this problem. After stringing this out for months making me believe a fix was in the works they closed the SCR without notice and are now actually telling me they broke this on purpose. There is no reason to have the user option that controls this in place now because it does not work and they are telling me this is done by design. They are also saying they will come up with an agreement we need to sign if we want the fix to fix what they broke so the users can import document efficiently.

Thanks,
Kevin

Ellen_Murnane
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ
Kevin - I was part of the SCR and received the same information regarding the SCR being closed and the system was working as intended.

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

This was fixed in V16.0.2.71, at least it was fixed when you do Document Separation and change a document type (I am assuming that it's the same operation).

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.