cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When a Unity script logs to the Diagnostic Console, would it log to the Diagnostic Console on the server of the timer executing the script, or the application server?

Scott_Brown
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

I completed the Unity API training course two weeks ago, and have been updating my scripts to log to the Diagnostic Console. In our Dev environment, it logs to the Application Server's Diagnostic Console however, our Dev environment doesn't have any Unity timers in it. In our Prod environment, we have many timers, and I was wondering where the script would be writing to the Diagnostic Console: on the application server for Prod or on the server that the Unity timer lives on in Prod?

Thank you! Let me know if you need any more information,

Scott

5 REPLIES 5

Ankur_Prabhaka5
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I haven't seen the scheduled timers writing in the Diagnostics as well, but when you run the timer task manually it do write on the diagnostics.

We actually haven't tested using a scheduled timer yet, but are you saying that the script will write to the Diagnostic Console of the virtual machine of wherever the timer lives(theoretically)? Previously we have tested using an ad hoc. Thanks for the response AP.

I think Jayson Roman Crespo have explained with Screen shot on the top of the post, you can also get the Distribution services logs with the Time services in there.

Brendan_O_Brien
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Diagnostics will be written to the machine that the Unity Scheduler service is running on. When you run ad hoc, you have to log into an application server, so the diags will be written to that application server, but when running on a scheduled basis, Unity Scheduler is logging to the machine it is installed on.