cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the preferred method of load balancing Web and App servers?

Sean_Roche
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have 2 Web servers and 4 App servers for our new Onbase 15 Production environment we're setting up. We are using a Netscaler load balancing device and I have a few questions? We have the option of failing over by last connections or least response time. What way to you recommend? What do you use for load balancing and how is it configured?

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Greg_Seaton
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Sean,

Have you read our Load Balancing OnBase white paper? That may help you out.

As far as the load balancing algorithm, the best answer is to test each method in your environment and see which works best. For least connections, I would expect that to perform well when you have most users doing the same type of work. For least response time, I would expect that to perform better when there is a lot of variety in the workload.

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Greg_Seaton
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hello Sean,

Have you read our Load Balancing OnBase white paper? That may help you out.

As far as the load balancing algorithm, the best answer is to test each method in your environment and see which works best. For least connections, I would expect that to perform well when you have most users doing the same type of work. For least response time, I would expect that to perform better when there is a lot of variety in the workload.

Is this the most recent document version? do it apply for newest product versions?

Hi Laura,
That document is still applicable to current versions of OnBase. We have not changed how load balancing is done.