cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the default hsi password?

Sergei_Smychkov
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

Hi, we accidentally modified the OnBase ODBC connection, and now need to enter the default hsi account password.  Could someone tell me or point me at the default hsi password? 

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Your first line of support  can let you in on this secret.  I don't think it appropriate to put that super secret information here. 

That said, during configuration of the ODBC connection, when you enter a username and password, they are only used to complete the configuration and (optional) testing of the connection. The login information is not stored permanently and it is not used to initiate the connection by any of the OnBase modules. Each module has the password hard coded in to them. It is important to note however, that you should not use Windows Authentication when configuring he ODBC connection as this setting IS stored and used on subsequent connections. Leaving the ODBC connection using Windows Authentication will cause OnBase modules to fail. 

View answer in original post

1 REPLY 1

MichaelBertrand
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Your first line of support  can let you in on this secret.  I don't think it appropriate to put that super secret information here. 

That said, during configuration of the ODBC connection, when you enter a username and password, they are only used to complete the configuration and (optional) testing of the connection. The login information is not stored permanently and it is not used to initiate the connection by any of the OnBase modules. Each module has the password hard coded in to them. It is important to note however, that you should not use Windows Authentication when configuring he ODBC connection as this setting IS stored and used on subsequent connections. Leaving the ODBC connection using Windows Authentication will cause OnBase modules to fail.