cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What database table contains the document types that are configured for a lifecyle?

Corey_Gillingha
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

I have a report request that requires to only include document types that are configured for a particular lifecycle.  I have looked but am unable to find the database table that contains this list of document types. 

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi @Corey Gillingham 

There are two tables you will need to look at for this depending on how your Lifecycle is configured. If it is configured as a Unity Lifecycle you will look at hsi.workitemtypelc if it is configured as a legacy lifecycle, then you will look at itemtypelc.

You can determine this by looking at the flags column in hsi.lifecycle. This is a bit column and the bit to indicate a Unity Lifecycle is "0x0010000" (65536) - Unity Lifecycle

You can then look at the wfcontenttype column to determine what type of item it is.

Legacy Document = 0

Document = 1
Folder = 2
WorkviewItem = 3
MedicalChart = 4
External Access = 5

I hope this helps!

View answer in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Alexander_Tsike
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

I believe the table you are looking for is hsi.itemtypelc.

Thank you for the quick response!  However, this table does not appear to contain the data that I am looking for.  I am trying to find the table that holds the document types that are configured for a lifecycle.

Mike_Walkuski
Employee
Employee

Hi @Corey Gillingham 

There are two tables you will need to look at for this depending on how your Lifecycle is configured. If it is configured as a Unity Lifecycle you will look at hsi.workitemtypelc if it is configured as a legacy lifecycle, then you will look at itemtypelc.

You can determine this by looking at the flags column in hsi.lifecycle. This is a bit column and the bit to indicate a Unity Lifecycle is "0x0010000" (65536) - Unity Lifecycle

You can then look at the wfcontenttype column to determine what type of item it is.

Legacy Document = 0

Document = 1
Folder = 2
WorkviewItem = 3
MedicalChart = 4
External Access = 5

I hope this helps!

Hi Mike, thank you for this information.  It was exactly what I was looking for!

Also, my apologies to Alex.  The information that Alex provided was also correct.  The reason I did not find any data in the hsi.itemtypelc table was because all of our lifecycles are Unit Lifecycles.