cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Client not respecting numeric keyword dataset sort order

Blaine_Smith
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have a Numeric keyword (up to 9 digits) that uses a defined Dataset in the following order:

On the import dialog for the Thick Client, this displays correctly. In the Web Client, however, the drop-down displays:

(sorting alphabetically)

This is true both on the Import dialog and on a Unity form field drop-down in the Web Client.

Is this a bug with the web interface not respecting the keyword dataset sort order? Is there a way to get the Web Client to respect the keyword’s dataset sort order? We are on OnBase version 14 SP2.

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

Kelly_McCourt
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Greetings Blaine,

SCR #239130 has been created to address sorting in the Web Client.
We will be investigating it further from there!
Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

Kelly

View answer in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor
Hey Blaine,

I tested this internally in both 14SP2 and 15SP2 and see similar behavior i.e. a numeric dataset custom sort order doesn't appear to be respected within a core based import interface (Web & Unity Client). I am going to do a little further digging into this and when I have something more I will add a second post.

Thanks,

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Blaine,

After discussing this more internally with QA/DEV it appears that by default, if you do not change the sort order of a numeric keyword data set (even though it's displayed correctly in config), when the core attempts to display it no sort order is defined so it will display based on the initial numeric digit (which is why 100 shows up first). However if you simply move 100 up a spot, then back down a spot (to its original place) and hit save, a sort order will be saved into the database which the core will now respect. If that does not work please let me know, but I did test that in 14SP2 and found it to function without issue.

Thanks,

Kelly_McCourt
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Greetings Blaine,

SCR #239130 has been created to address sorting in the Web Client.
We will be investigating it further from there!
Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

Kelly