cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Documents with OBXAltViewerLib ActiveX control Error

Rocky_Rapson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

Trying to get a viewer control integrated into an existing vb.net 3.5 framework application, through the hyland.services api.  I can login, get a session ID, look up a documentID, and set all of the properties on the viewer control, but when I call CreateViewer I get this error:

[ERROR] Module: Viewer Library,
 Class: COBImageViewerSvc,
 Method: COBImageViewerSvc::Initialize,
[ERROR] Module: ,
 Class: ,
 Method: ,
[ERROR] Module: Viewer Library,
 Class: COBImageViewerSvc,
 Method: COBImageViewerSvc::loadImageServices,
 Method: ,
[ERROR] Module: Presentation Library,
 Class: COBLocalPageProvider,
 Method: OBLoadImageServices,
 Method: OBLoadLibrary,
 Message: Failed to load current module handle [dmimage_alt] GetLastError [126]

I've tried the same code on an XP box, where I am a local admin, as well as a Windows 7 with a normal, non-admin account but with Visual Studio running as administrator.

Another developer, doing the exact same thing, on his computer, it works.

5 REPLIES 5

Victor_Pudelsk3
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Do you have an instance of the snowbound dll somewhere within the PATH environment variable or in the same directory as the application?

Failed to load image library [(null)]

Given the above error I would think that perhaps you are missing the snbd??dm.dll where ?? is the version of the dll. I know for 10.0 I have snbd17dm.dll.

Rocky_Rapson
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

First, thanks for the response.  snbd17dm.dll is located in 3 folders under Program Files\Hyland - Application Enabler, Desktop, and OnBase Client.  The two in Application Enabler and Desktop are the same version, 17.11.29.0 and the one in OnBase Client is version 17.6.3.0.  Desktop and OnBase Client are in my path, in that order, so it should be able to find the latest version.  I have also tried putting OnBase Client before Desktop with no change in results.  This is the same on both my XP and Windows 7 (x64) machines.

Victor_Pudelsk3
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Have you tried moving the snowbound dll to the same directory as your application. Those folders are definitely correct for having the dll but I would go as far as to make a copy of the file and put it in the same directory as the ocx file that you are using.

Do you know if the machine that is working has the dll in any different location, such as the application directory?

Daniel_Quill
Elite Collaborator
Elite Collaborator

Rocky,

We apologize for the delay in responding to your inquiry. Hyland is currently in the process of ensuring all questions are responded to and/or answered. If your inquiry is still relevant or requires further assistance, please do not hesitate to repost your inquiry or contact your first line support team.

Please let us know if your issue is resolved. If we do not hear back we will consider the issue resolved and mark this post as such.

Regards,