cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verify Why Users Are Being Locked

Eric_Nelson1
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

We're on Onbase 15.0.0.26; just upgraded recently.

I've been getting reports of users being locked out since we upgraded.  I can verify that they are locked.  Is there any way that I can verify why they would have been locked?  We use CAS SSO so I wouldn't expect it to be for something like wrong password entry.  It appears to be somewhat random.

Thanks

Eric

1 ACCEPTED ANSWER

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the post.

Sounds like this type of issue would require a bit more troubleshooting to uncover the reason why the users are being locked out.  My recommendation is to work with your first line of support to make sure that the CAS SSO integration has been configured correctly and further determine if there are any errors being reports through Hyland Diagnostics or Windows Event Viewer.

Take care.

View answer in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AdamShaneHyland
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the post.

Sounds like this type of issue would require a bit more troubleshooting to uncover the reason why the users are being locked out.  My recommendation is to work with your first line of support to make sure that the CAS SSO integration has been configured correctly and further determine if there are any errors being reports through Hyland Diagnostics or Windows Event Viewer.

Take care.

Thanks Adam, I thought there might be some key places I could look to find this (like in the transaction logs somewhere). I'll reach out to our FLOS.

For anyone else reading this thread - OnBase introduced new password policies with V14, and the default is to lock out people after 6 months of inactivity. We hit this when we upgraded from V13 to V15, especially in our test environment. After you unlock the user, you need to wait 15 minutes (default) before the user can log in again. This may not be the issue for Eric, but something to consider.

maybe the response time depends on the system. I can unlock an account and my client is good to go as soon as they log back in. I did develop a report when we went to v15 to keep track of locked accounts. Very handy. I also like the lock feature, since I'm able to tell really easily who is using the system; without having to touch the transactionxlog table