cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB Scripts And the last execution date/time

Umanga_Niroula
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

We have hundreds of VB Scripts and there are thousands of places in workflow where we run them. I wanted to clean up some of these VB Scripts, as I know few of them are not used anymore.

Is there a way to know the last date/time a particular VB Script was executed in any workflows (or any place)?

Note: We are still on OnBase 12.

4 REPLIES 4

Nathan_Kossover
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Unfortunately, there is not a good way to do this.

To see if a script is configured in Workflow, you can use the "Find" feature in OnBase Studio, but regrettably you would have to run this search for each script individually.

It is possible to configure Workflow to log when certain actions are executed, but this must be configured for each action. If you did configure this for an action that runs a script, the entry would appear in the Workflow Transaction Log. However, you would still need to correlate that action with the script it executes, as that piece of information does not get logged in the Workflow Transaction Log. Of course, if it wasn't on for the action already, this wouldn't help until you'd had a chance to turn it on and let it run for a while.

I apologize for the lack of information in this area. I will discuss with my team what approaches we could add to make this easier to do.

Has this answer changed? We are looking at converting our VB Scripts and looking to identify which ones are still being used and which ones can go away.  Thanks.

So Im looking to do this in OnBase 18. I cant look at every action in workflow. Isn't there a database entry somewhere that sows the last date a VB Script ran?

Aron_Holley
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise
Do you mind sharing some of your VB Scripts and what they do?