cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX Research Opportunity and Brief Survey - Config

Anne-Marie_Cra1
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

UPDATE: Thanks to a phenomenal response from Community members, we have satisfied our quota for on-prem candidates. All customers and partners with Config experience are encouraged to complete the survey portion, but the call for interview participants is now limited to Global Cloud Services (GCS) users.

Hi everyone,

Hyland's UX Research team is recruiting participants for a study focused on the Hyland Configuration user experience. A new web-based version of Config is under development for release in a future version of OnBase. We need feedback on your current usage of Config, as well as input on the new prototype.

Below are the details on the study:

Research Objectives

-Receive feedback from customers and partners on current usage of Config.
-Perform usability tests with customers and/or partners to receive initial feedback on the new Config web product to inform product development and feature prioritization.

Research Format

Part one, open to GCS and non-GCS customers and partners:

Completion of a three minute survey on Config Usage.

Part two, open to GCS customers and partners:

In a one-on-one, 60-minute Zoom interview, we will:

• Review a working prototype for a future release of Config.
  • Evaluate the scope of the new Config product.
  • Discuss how to improve your overall Config experience.

Research Participants
Ideal candidates for both portions must be regular or experienced users of Config.

Updated: Candidates for the interview portion must utilize a GCS-hosted solution.

To complete the survey and/or sign up for an interview session, please click the link below:
https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/6462617/Configuration-Pre-Study-Questionnaire

Thank you!

Anne-Marie

5 REPLIES 5

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Well this is kind of funny. I find it hilarious that we were being told that 2 years ago Hyland was already working on the configuration client, and only now are you doing user research to review the usage of the Configuration client? So did Hyland decide to forego any work on the configuration client till now? Just kind of curious here of course.

Tyler_Conn
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hi Ryan,

My team here at Hyland has been working diligently towards this modern configuration experience and it is finally in a state where we are looking to collect feedback regarding the scope of the options selected along with the general usability. I would even go as far as saying we are out of the "prototyping" phase and more aligned with an early access sneak peek. To be clear, not all configuration items or options will be supported with this new interface for its initial release, but more so a subset of options most frequently accessed from administrators hosted in GCS.

Hopefully that brings some clarity! Excited to have you on board with our testing efforts.

Thanks,

Tyler Conn

Product Owner 
Configuration Services and Change Control

Ryan_Wakefield
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Thank you for the clarification @Tyler Conn . I know I am looking forward to seeing what you guys have thought of so far.

The one thing I will mention though is I hope that the focus isn't JUST for GCS customers because if it is and there aren't plans of rolling this out to on-premise customers, (then just going to be honest here) I don't see any value of me spending time discussing this as with us being on-premise we probably won't ever see this come to fruition for us.

Just my personal opinions of course. 🙂

Tyler_Conn
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

These web-based screens will, indeed, be deployable for on-premise customers. Currently our only requirement will be the API Server running the Document Management Admin APIs.

To clarify my previous statement, the metrics we collected and used to determine which configuration options would/wouldn't be supported for this initial release was focused entirely on our hosted customers. The client itself will be able to used in both on-premise and hosted environments. 

Let me know if you'd like me to expand further

Tyler Conn

Product Owner 
Configuration Services and Change Control

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.