cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the ChangePW (9.2 Change Password) Utility in Version 17

Josh_Howe
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

We used the ChangePW (9.2 Change Password) utility not too long ago to upgrade our customer to a ver. 16 environment. Will the same 9.2 Change Password utility work in the latest release of ver. 17 for Client.exe, Config.exe, and database or will I need to acquire something more up to date?

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Fandl
Employee
Employee

Hey Josh,

As of OnBase 13, this functionality has been moved and built into OnBase Configuration. The use of the Change Password Utility should not be leveraged if you are using an OnBase 17 Database. Assuming that you have the correct database licenses active and switches applied, this functionality can be found under Utils | Rotate Database Password and KEK (key encryption key). More information can be found in the OnBase System Admin MRG under the title "Changing Database User Name Passwords"

Thanks,

Scott_Johnson3
World-Class Innovator
World-Class Innovator

Has anyone had any luck using this new utility?  The old one ALWAYS worked up until the latest builds of 18.  Every time I try the new one in config it trashes my system and I have to restore my DB VM from a snapshot.  What is the trick to make it work safely?  Or better yet a new version of the utility.