Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Autofills

Nathan_Dillinge
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

Hello,

We currently have an autofill hooked up to the all of the document types in two different document groups. This autofill is populated from an external process with data that fills in during manual indexing. 

We want to use a separate autofill now on those same document types. This autofill will consist of two values, the primary indexing number (which is also found in the first autofill) and a value of Yes, similar to this 1234567,YES. The Yes value would fill into a new keyword on the doc type not found on the 1st autofill. 

Also, the second autofill i want the customer to manage. I want them to be able to put in their own primary values as those number are needed. 

Can I creatively use two autofills on the same document type?

Thanks, all

2 REPLIES 2

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

Hey Nathan,

You could potentially look into using 2 keyword based autofill keyword sets (set at the keyword level vs. doc type level) so that both could be used on a single document type. This configuration would assume that the primary value of the AFKS is not the same for both sets.

Edit: As an additional item of note the AFKS set at the document type level will always override the AFKS set at the keyword type level.

Justin_Fandl
Content Contributor
Content Contributor

You can find some additional information in the Autofill Keyword Sets MRG found HERE.

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.