cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UserName in core based api

Mark_Rogers4
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

I have a vbscript that needs the current user's id.  For the thick client, I have:

Set LobApplication = CreateObject("OnBase.Application")

Dim userName

userName = LobjApplication.UserName

That works just fine, but I need the same information from core services so that the vbscript is compatible with both thick and web clients. 

Does anyone know what the core based equivalent is?

7 REPLIES 7

Victor_Pudelsk3
Champ on-the-rise
Champ on-the-rise

In the core you should use a Unity Script and get the User from the Application object. There is a CurrentUser property off the Application object. The Application object for the current session is passed into the entry point for Workflow Unity Scripts.

This can be done through the Core API but given it is deprecated I would not go that route and would use the Unity Scripts for core-based workflow.

I need to get the user ID in core as well.   Sadly, I HAVE to do it in core as I am running the script from "VB Script to Execute on Selected Documents".

I can't find the proper example in the SDK.   A little help would be appreciated!!  🙂

Cheers,
Seth

Not applicable

I know the core API is deprecated but here is the proper code.
Set objUser = objSession.User
username = objUser.Name

Seth_Yantiss
Star Collaborator
Star Collaborator

Missed stating that I need this to be in a VBScript (due to the fact that it would run from the "VB Script to Execute on Selected Documents" setting in the workflow queue).

Getting started

Find what you came for

We want to make your experience in Hyland Connect as valuable as possible, so we put together some helpful links.