cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User receives OLE error message

Nathan_Bethea
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making

When attempting to open a *.pdf document through DKT in OnBase 12, a user is receiving this error message:  

"All attempts to create an integrated viewer window for the requested document have failed.  This will only occur if the file type has no registered OLE server available that supports in place activation.  In addition, the file extension (*.pdf) does not have an external application configured to display this file type.  No viewer can be created for this file type, at this time."  

User has Adobe Reader XI and Adobe Acrobat installed on their PC.  User is running Windows 7.  They have successfully viewed other (*.pdf) DKT documents within OnBase before.  How can this be fixed?

7 REPLIES 7

Shelly_Coates
Champ in-the-making
Champ in-the-making
Hello, I know the last post was over a year ago...but I was wondering what the solution was? I've been having intermittent issues opening PDFs (not the error listed above). I had both Acrobat Pro and Reader installed. I uninstalled Pro this morning and now I'm getting the error mentioned in the original post. I have Reader set to be the default program for PDF documents. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Valentine_Toka2
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

My expierence is you will need to look at any pdf viewers/writers on the workstation.

My research is that Onbase likes to work with Adobe for pdf's only.  Any other viewer/writer programs set as the default view will be a problem.  Uninstalling the applications and reinstalling adobe as the default could possible fix this.  I understand limitations to workstations and browser settings so someone with elevated privileges should be able to do this.

Matti_Pellinen
Confirmed Champ
Confirmed Champ

How about if the initial effor comes with a .jpg -file? The file itself opens when opened directrly from disk, but it gives error when opened from the hitlist???